Chronic.... seems like everything

     As you probably know, depression and anxiety for the most part are chronic. (A long standing or constant illness. Possibly lasting a lifetime.) Besides those two lovely things I also have been diagnosed with Cervicaligia. Since I know you probably don’t want to Google that, it means chronic neck pain. It is not really certain what is really causing the pain. It changes when ever I go to a different doctor, but they all agree and the age of 28 years old I have chronic neck pain. I see a pain doctor, I have been through every test they can think of. 
    I have been to the ER more times than I care to count. Pretty much they treat me like I’m there just to get a high. Which sucks! For some reason, since I have mental illnesses that means I am a drug seeker. Just because they can’t see my pain, they think it is “all if in my head” just like everything else. It takes me a lot to go to the ER in the first place and then to be treated like that?! It’s horrible and annoying. 
    One of the first times I was in there, the doctor told me as soon as she came in to the room, before asking me anything or talking to me. “ I’m not giving you narcotics.” In a tone that wasn’t that friendly. That same doctor, not even try to be quite about it, tell the nurse that was treating me that she wouldn’t give me anything stronger because it wasn’t “nesasary”. This was on a different time I came in. If I was trying to get high, I would find a cheaper way. Even with my insurance, an ER trip isn’t cheap. I get treated pretty much the same way a person does when they come in for mental health problems.
    Since I am a paramedic, I have picked up people for wanting to hurt themsevles or others. When we drop them off the ER, 99.5% they are treated like they are shit. That they don’t deserve their help. I am not sure how many people have had to seek in patient treatment for mental health conditions, but  being in the psych ward isn’t fun anyway. But before you even get there, if you go through the ER, you are just kinda shunned aside. 
    I hate the way they treat people with mental illness and chronic pain. We are just looking for attention or a high. That is the only thing they think. It makes me angry just thinking about how they treat people that are brave enough to walk in there and say “I need help”. That takes balls. Balls I have never had. 
   So to the doctors and nurses that are reading this. ( not sure how many there will be), remember we have feelings too. We are wanting help. Ya there is some that abuse the system, but don’t treat everyone like that. Because you push the people that you could really help away by acting like asses.

 Nicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holidays

My Way of Grieving