Life Changes, Sometimes at the Drop of a Hat

    In the last year my life has changed. From outside looking in, without knowing much context you might think it was for the worst. If you see it through my eyes, it was a good and needed change. Looks can be  deceiving. Don’t always think that “downgrading “ is a bad thing. Now I’m not talking men to make that point clear. I’m talking about what we have, where we live and what kind of money is being brought in to the household.
    At the beginning of last year, I had a four bedroom, two bath house with attached  garage. I was married to now my exhusband. I was missable. My depression and anxiety were everywhere and I generally hating life. I didn’t have any friends and my marriage was falling apart.
    Today I sit with my boyfriend in a older single wide with two bedroom and one bath. It is about the size of my old living room and dinning room. But I don’t care. It fits the new me and my new life perfectly. We are so happy. I love in with my boyfriend. We are getting ready to move my dogs in and on the weekends ( and some random times) we have his amazing 2 year old daughter.
    I am more comfortable in my own skin than I have ever been as an adult. I have a few friends that talk to me almost everyday and check on me when they think something is wrong. I have a support system that includes not only my friends but their families also. My boyfriend and his family have welcomed me and so has his daughters mom. She is also a good friend of mine.
   From the outside it might look like I have failed, but that couldn’t be frather from the true. I am happy. I guess it is my quality of life vs what kind of quantity of things I had. Dustin and I feel so much at home where we are, not only in our lives, but also where we live. It's cosy and feels more like home than I have ever felt before.
  It's a change but for the good. Here soon we will move the dogs in and all my family will finally be together

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holidays

My Way of Grieving

Chronic.... seems like everything